The Lodge has a large fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a cozy lounge with fireplace and library, and large sun decks wrapped around the whole building so guests can enjoy the peaceful environment and panoramic views. Guests can read, borrow or exchange some books from the Lodge library.
There are two rooms with single and bunk beds in the Lodge. Each of these shared/dorm rooms can also be booked as a single or twin depending on the season and demand. The double or family room has a double bed, one single bed and a set of bunks.
The Lodge has two bathroom areas: one accessible shower room with toilet, and one with a separate shower and toilet.
Okopako Lodge is fully accessible with a ramp up onto the deck area and entrances.
There is also one twin room in the camping ground building with two single beds. While this room is in a separate building with kitchen, toilets and showers (see below), it is close to the Lodge and guests are welcome to use the Lodge lounge.
Okopako Lodge – Camping Ground
Camp sites are level and dry, but do not have power. Campers have their own amenities (kitchen, showers and toilets) in the camping ground building. The kitchen has a gas cooker (ring top) and fridge/freezer, cooking utensils and crockery and a dining area. A plentiful supply of hot water serves the unisex shower suites.
There are three onsite caravans, all fitted with full-size beds. Caravan 1 has three single beds, Caravan 2 a double and a set of (smaller) bunks, and Caravan 3 is fitted with a double bed.
Guests can enjoy spectacular views from the kitchen, boardwalk and decks and all tent sites. Wake up to the mist hanging in the valleys below or to the sounds of the sheep, lambs and other farm animals in the paddocks just a few steps away.
General Notes about the Facilities
- Beds are fully made up (and additional blankets are available). No sleeping bags permitted in the beds.
- Communal shower and toilet facilities. Accessible bathroom available in the Lodge.
- Towels can be hired for $2 per towel.
- Laundry facilities are available, including washing liquid/powder, for $4 per load.
- Breakfast and dinners are available by arrangement.
- Seasonal organic produce may be available to purchase.
- No fires are permitted on this property.
- No smoking in the facilities. Smoking only permitted in the designated areas.
- Dogs are permitted provided they are under control and kept on their leashes.
- We happily recharge customers’ batteries/devices at the office.
- Credit cards accepted and EFTPOS facilities available.